Monday, February 13, 2012

swim caps with faces & vintage horror


Not only were swim suits way cuter back then but apparently so were swim caps.  I like when I see things that were supposed to be cute & funny from the olden days that instead are actually creepy.  Not that these swim caps are that creepy, but they kind of have their foot in the door.  They are on their way.  I mean, they could totally be a prop in a horror movie. 
I like weird & creepy.  Have I mentioned that before?

Speaking of weird & creepy, my friend suggested that I watch The Wicker Man (the 1973 original).

Have you seen this movie?

I thought I had seen it a long time ago & decided to watch it again.  I am always looking for good movie recommendations, especially of the vintage horror persuasion.  Not only had I not seen it before but it was exactly the weird kind movie I love.  I don't want to give too much away in case someone wants to watch it.   I will tell you this though, it is weird.  Really weird.  In a psychedelic, Pagan, sexually charged, culty kind of way.  I know culty isn't a word.  I am using it to describe something that is cult like. I like "culty" better than "cult like".  I think it sounds cuter. 

Oh, and sometimes there is singing & dancing.

It's hilarious.  It is scary.  If you like this kind of thing, go watch it.
Here, look at these pictures,





Do you like classic horror?  I am talking, Rosemary's baby, The Stepford wives (1975), Whatever happened to Baby Jane, The Secret Ceremony, etc...

If so, please share your favorites! I love recommendations!

(swimmer photos by Ralph Crane)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...